Good Lighting, Well-Planned
ESSENTIAL is our fastest and most affordable service that involves meetings directly with our remote team of professional lighting designers.
DISCOVER: Complete an online intake survey to help us get to know your project quickly and then meet remotely with our designers to discuss your goals. We dig in deep to make sure we understand your values and dreams.
DESIGN: Our designers will prepare preliminary lighting plans, gather example images of lighting techniques, and study the budget parameters of the project. We meet remotely to review the design and discuss possible changes.
DELIVER: Complete a final survey and release and we will revise the drawings and complete the deliverables needed to build the project. You will receive comprehensive drawings, precise architectural fixture specifications, and detailed instructions to help your contractors get the job done right.
BUILD: We include a few hours of unspecified time after the DELIVER phase to answer contractor questions or make minor changes. Need more time? Hourly agreements are available for as long as you need us.
We are architectural lighting designers focused on transforming spaces through concealed performance fixtures such as recessed spotlights and linear LEDs. Our work includes every fixture except decorative fixtures like lamps, wall sconces and chandeliers. We will suggest locations for decorative fixtures and add them to our drawings. Most clients work directly with an interior designer or lighting showroom to select the decorative fixtures.
What you can expect with ESSENTIAL:
- A predictable, fixed-fee and fixed-scope service
- Three remote meetings with our professional lighting designers
- In-depth discovery phase to explore your project goals
- Preliminary lighting plans and example images
- A full revision following our design conversation
- A completed design in as little as five weeks
- Plans with fixture types and exact locations for construction
- Zoning plans for easy control layout and switching
- Full architectural fixture specifications for each fixture type
- Cut sheets for each architectural fixture type
- Construction details to aid contractors
- Installation instructions for the most frequently asked questions
All meetings are remote via video-conferencing tools. This allows us to keep our fees low, work with clients wherever they are, and recruit the best talent across the continent.